Friday, May 29, 2009

My Deck




These are pictures from my deck. Have I told you about my deck I know that you have seen my deck in pictures. what I don't know is if you know that my deck is a gateway to a magical place that only my children can see.




Yes, I can bask in the glory that is the sun and mountain view and read my books and it is quite a splendid some grownups might say it is magical.




But when I sit out on my deck and bath my very white legs in the sun hoping that they will not look so pale when I go down to Utah in a few weeks. I can get a glimpse of the real magic place that is my deck.




I can hear the giggles and voices of my children as they explore this kingdom that I am no longer privy to in my grown up state.




the land of Hogwarts is most definitely out there in the trees of our front yard. and sometimes its a land of dragons and dragon riders.




How wonderful a place that is my deck.




4 comments:

Amanda Bush said...

Thats the same thing I LOVE about our new place. Al the yard and trees for the kids to explore and let their imagination run wild. Can't wait to see you!!

Ben and Megan said...

I miss it there! I would so love to be spending our summer in Alaska were it is not so hot and oh so green and a live. I saw a picture of Denail at church today and it mad me so home sick I almost cried right there in RS. Dang hormones! Bring some down with you okay!?

Dolly said...

Beautiful description of your world Becky. I miss Alaska and feel so much comfort in reading about it all through your blog! Thanks for the pictures and stories.

Amy said...

Love the post! Beautiful. And I miss your deck. Really.