Sunday, June 7, 2009

a picture is worth a thousand words



So if a picture is Worth a thousand words does it count as your words if you did not take the picture?

I have been looking forward to this day with batted breath. Really I have been holding my breath for the last 365 days.

I took a deep breath at 12:08PM today as the time came and past of Rays anniversary of his heart failure. To celebrate our family and what Ray and I have been calling "Rays not dead day" We had a "relative" small family Hot dog roast. last night and up at our house. It was a lot of fun the sun finally came out and graced us with its presence.

The sun stayed the night and continued to shine through our window when we woke this morning. Ray and I cuddled up and talked about how lucky we were to still be able to hold each other and how close we came to not having well...what we have. Happy.

We took a family vote and decided not to go to church and celebrate our happy day with the lords big church. the great out doors.

We drove up to hatcher pass with the intent to drive over the mountain. but the road was closed.
So the kids and Ray took a hike up the mountain while I waved and cheered them on from up about 1/4 way up.

I sat on a big rock I need to get into better shape. I contemplated this as I watched my husband who just 365 days ago was technically dead. run up the side of a mountain.

The lord works in the most wonderful ways.

My camera blinked the low batteries sign and turned off. So no personal pictures to share sorry.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds amazing. The Lord is watching over us isn't he? Thanks for taking care of my son. I know he's having a great time, but I'm missing him like crazy.

Glad Ray isn't dead.

Ben and Megan said...

I would also like to chime in with the glad Ray isn't dead! We love and miss you guys like crazy! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Amanda Bush said...

WOW a year??? Give him a hug from us and tell him, "we are very glad he is not dead!!!" Look forward to seeing you have you bought a ticket yet?