Friday, March 30, 2012

RV FOR SALE and a brain injury

Its the end of the month.. I know that I am  stating the obvious. How did  March go by so fasts? My list of things to do keeps getting longer and my time to get them done keeps getting shorter. 

In our getting ready for our BIG ADVENTURE, I am reminded of how far Ray has come from his heart failure and brain injury almost 4 years ago.


this is a pic from his hospital stay almost 4 years ago.
megans+photos+034.JPG.jpg

 He is still not the same... he never will be. And that is OK.

I was thinking about everything that he has over come and what the doctors said to me that day. 

They told me he was brain dead.

He is not brain dead.

In fact he is amazing.



This week he had defibrillator check and his favorite thing that night was that his heart is working well and it was paced 2% less than the check before.  (that's a good thing)  He told us that there is 5.5 years left on his battery.  The kids wanted to know what that meant. Lily really freaked out when we told her that Dad would have to have another defibrillator placed. 

"No Dad is all better his heart works just fine!" she kept telling us. It really broke my heart. 

I am so grateful that we get to go on this BIG ADVENTURE as a family it has been 4 years in the making. I wanted to take my family and run away after Ray's brain injury. but he needed time to recover, and I needed time to adjust to the "new" Ray. Although he is not fully"recovered" and some times I wish the "old" Ray was still around. I am so blessed that we are still a family and get to have many BIG ADVENTURES for years to come.

So like I said  we are preparing for BIG ADVENTURE and one of the things on our giant list of things to do was to figure out what we needed to tow the expedition...well to make a long story short we can not tow the expedition. We can not afford to drive both  the RV and the expedition.. What does this mean for our trip? Well it means we have a RV for sale and are in the market for a travel trailer that we can tow with the expedition.
Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure you will be able to find something that works for your tow vehicle and your family. Congrats to you and your family, that your husband has come so far!

Amanda Bush said...

You are so blessed!!! Just keep the Faith.... it will all work out in the end... even if it does turn into an Oborn Family Trip up the Alcan. Thats when the best memories are made!!!

Love you!!!