Monday, April 27, 2009

Sick

I am sick today. The family has been sick for the past couple of days. And now I am SICK. This would not be such a bad thing if I was just kind of sick but I really don't feel good. Maybe I have swine flue? Or not
Anyway I woke up this morning with the resolve to not let the kids play the wi , computer or watch TV today. We have become a family of slackers. I have even been letting the kids eat in front of the TV. I know...Don't tell anyone
So of course this is the day I am sick. So the kids are trying to fend for themselves with the I don't have anything to do's. It amazes me how they can easily find things to do when the TV is off there were only a couple of "I don't have anything to do" until they all happily started to play together. They have played outside and inside and a couple of Bord games. They even did some school things. It is amazing how much less fighting there is and how much more they play together when the TV, video and computers are off.
Oh yah Grandpa brought dad home and dad brought home Pizza Got to go

3 comments:

Ben and Megan said...

yumm pizza! I want some. Okay so currently any food someone else is having is what I want until I get it then not so much! Love you!

Amanda Bush said...

Sorry you are sick!!! Don't you love that our kids are getting old enough to entertain themselves. Actually I slept in this morning and woke in a panic thinking the kids missed the bus (by 1 1/2 hours) I jumped out of bed, ran downstairs yelling for them to get up, only to find the house empty. They had gotten themselves up and out the door w/out me. Boy am I a failure!!! My poor neglected offspring.

Amy said...

Hope you are feeling better! I know the feeling of the fend for yourselves, but I have no excuse!