Thursday, January 15, 2009

what did you do while I was gone?




Yesterday was Kyle's Birthday! I can not believe that he is 10!
Can I be that old? I am so glad we were able to celebrate his birthday with the Earls and Grandma and Grandpa because I have been very busy for the past couple of days. I was called in to assist at couple of births and that is always fun but very tiring. It was so fun to help a mom have her first baby 10 years from the day I had my first baby. It was double fun because I was assisting the women who assisted with Kyles birth I think that's very cool.


When I got home last night at 10pm I asked Ray what he did while I was gone and we talked a little. Then he says " Before I forget there was water dripping from the celling and I climbed up in the attic to find out what was going on and I cut a hole in the ceiling."


"You did what!"


you see Ray is not to do projects while I am gone. He is doing really well but if he has a laps in judgment which he is prone to do these days some one is to be around to help.


I was stunned. I reminded him that we have that leak every year when the weather worms up to melt the snow of the roof and he should of waited for me to come home to check it out.


He then told me that the laps in judgment was not that he went into the attic space and took a piece of Sheetrock of the ceiling it was that we had not done it before his brain injury. It is hard to argue with that logic. But I still don't think it was a good idea for him to go in the attic with out another adult in the house.





2 comments:

The Stouts said...

will the hole keep the rest of the sheetrock from getting wet?
I'm glad he didn't hurt himself

Amy said...

Oh Becky. You've got to be glad that his instinct was to fix the problem. It could be worse. His instinct could be to do nothing! Its much better!