Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Sunday








The pictures where taken after church at grandmas house


I love Christmas Sunday. Last night was our ward Christmas party and I had to leave early because I was not feeling good. That really upset my kids. So last night Ray was saying that we did not have to go to church to day. I was shocked My first thought was cool but then I thought at how Lily and Gabby where so excited to where there new Christmas dresses. I said to Ray but it is Christmas Sunday. He looked kind of confused for a minute and then admitted he forgot that we don't go to church on Christmas just because its Christmas ( a little brain injury and this catholic back ground I guess.) So we decided that we would have to go. I am so glad we did.
This Christmas season has kind of been not very christmassy (is that a word) any way we have had to humble our selves and be the receivers this year and it has been well humbling. I am indeed very grateful for every ones generosity.
Any way Christmas Sunday. I love it! I love my kids getting new dresses and church clothes. Doing every ones hair. And making everyone match that is my favorite part, It really reminds me of our Christmases as little girls. I wonder if my kids will match there kids for Christmas
We had a great program put on by our ward choir. but the words the bishop shared with us were ones that really touched me. they are from president Hinckley in which he wished every one a happy holiday and more importantly an Hour to meditate and pray about the birth of our Savior. I hope everyone gets to have an hour of meditation to count our blessing and ponder the wonder that is Christmas.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Your kids are gorgeous!

You know, I haven't dressed my kids the same the past couple years. I think because we don't have stores to go shopping at...

But I did get them haircuts yesterday... does that count for anything?

Jacob and I sang in the ward choir and that was neat.

Merry Christmas. I wish we were there... You can be thinking of me when I've got 50 people at my house Wednesday afternoon... What was I thinking?????????????

The Stouts said...

I love the pictures! I can't wait until I have a handful of little children to dress matching.
Love you guys tons. I wish we could be there for christmas.
Love,
Elizabeth

Ben and Megan said...

I can't believe how big your kidos are! I am hoping that maybe with this years PFDs we can get up there for Christmas next year. We love you! Give the kids hugs for me.