Sunday, June 29, 2008

We are going home

We are going home!! I can't believe it has only been 3 weeks and 1 day scenes I was calling 911 and giving my husband CPR. Ray has made incredible strides. The doctors don't know what to think about it.
First he was not spouse to make it through the night, then he was not spouse to wake up and then he was going to be a vegetable and then he was going to probable have a different personality and not be able to function on his own. Well none of that is true. He is doing great. Rays doctor stoped me in the cafeteria to tell me that he works with about 5-6 patience a year that have had similar head injuries and that none of them have made such rapid recovery as Ray has. He said that Ray is probable 75%-80% back to normal and is expected to make a full recovery. He will not be able to work or drive a car for a while and we are spouse to hide the power tools. LOL He is going to have more out of the hospital rehab speech and physical therapy to work on his memory and endurance.
I have to say that I am a little scared tonight of going home tomorrow. It has been so easy to sit in the hospital and see how Ray is improving everyday and say every thing is going to be OK. But the reality of dealing with life post CPR is going to start hitting as soon as we walk out the doors.
My biggest fear is that Ray will think that he has let the family down because he can't work. How can I explain to him that his willingness to come back to our family and give up being with the lord for me and the kids. Is something that I will always treasure, more than any job or financial stability he could ever offer me.
How did I get so blessed to have Ray in my life?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Becky~ again with the tears you always have me in! Truly you are so blessed to have Ray as your husband and eternal companion. We are lucky to have him in our lives! I hope that he can feel from everyone how much we love and support you! How exciting, yet nerve wracking, to be heading home tomorrow!!!! Please keep the updates coming. Can't wait to see you all again soon.

The Stouts said...

I love you!
How are things going?

Amanda Bush said...

Havent talked to you in forever, but know your life is just a little over whelming right now. I am so happy to hear the news from up north that Ray is doing so well. I justed wanted to tell you, you guys are stil in our prayers and we think of you always.

Love you, Mandy