Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kyle

So, Kyle was called as the deacon quorum president today and set apart. I am so proud of him. It has been a big couple of months. The comment was made by a friend that he is the only deacon so there was not much of a choice. I thought and pondered that for a few minutes and realized there is a big choice. A great big one. Kyle has made a choice, the choice to live worthy to receive the priesthood and this calling. I am so proud of him. He takes is responsibility very seriously. He has passed the sacrament, sat with the bishop during sacrament meeting, collected fast offerings, attended BYC and done home bounds every week, he does this with joy and enthusiasm. He is awesome and I am so proud to call him my son.
I love this young man. He makes me smile.      

5 comments:

karijean said...

That is awesome that Kyle is president. He is such a great young man. I'm proud of him too!

Sabrina Hatch said...

Thats great! Congratulations Kyle!

Amy said...

Wow! That is fantastic. And now I'm annoyed at your friend who made that snarky comment! Because you are right!!

I can't wait to see you guys!

Tammy Smith said...

You are so right Becky, it is a choice! There are so many who choose not to serve with joy and shirk their responsibilites. If anything, by being the only one, it is more difficult because it all falls on him. That is a great deal of responsibility.

I'm proud of Kyle for serving well! That's so exciting for him!

Dolly said...

Becky-I love your family picture and feel so amazed watching your family grow up (right here on your blog!). Thanks for keeping us up to date and congrats to Kyle.