Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to School




So you all know that I came down to Utah to go back to school with a goal of becoming a CNM (certified nurse midwife) This has been all great in theory. I have been able to get my CNA (certified nursing assistant) which was no big deal and I thought would help me by getting my feet wet to go back to school. Go back to school!!!
Getting my CDM (certified direct entry midwife) I had to do a lot of studying but studying on my own ,
at my own pace.
 which I am very fond of.
 I like my own pace it fits nicely into my family routine...
So what I guess I am saying is I am scared to death of going to real school. and using words like professor instead of preceptor or mentor.
But alas I have made my decision the lord has backed me up and I am off for my first day of collage classes tomorrow. Chemistry, Human Anatomy, and Algebra 1010.
Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh My goodness gracious!!! Scary! But you are going to do great!! I love you. I'll be prayin for you! Miss you too...

Tora said...

You GOT this!!!!!!!!

Leslie :~D said...

Hey Becky...

I'm in school full time too! I've been going part time to BYU-Idaho for 4 years. We decided that this year I'll go full time to finish my degree. I'm taking 12 credits, senior level courses. I've only been in these classes for 2 weeks and I've cried more than once! :~) Every time I think I'm done reading, I notice another assignment I have to do! My butt hurts from sitting so much doing all the reading, etc.

BUT... I know I'm doing what needs to be done. I know I'll get through it. I know I'm blessed to be able to do this.

And... I KNOW you'll be just fine! My first semester back 4 years ago, after 13 years out of college.... I cried all the way home from my first day. I was convinced I made a huge mistake. I ate a huge chocolate shake and large fries and just cried. I wasn't smart enough. I wasn't up on technology. I was going to belly flop!

So I know the anxiety you're feeling, but I'm here to tell you it's okay to cry, be anxious, and to shove your face full of fries if it helps you feel better! (It did for me!) You'll be great and I'm proud of you for taking this on. I know it's tough, but so are you! (((HUGS)))

Leslie :~)

Leslie :~D said...

By the way, it's me... Leslie Calinsky Cheret...