Thursday, September 10, 2009

We are no longer lost.

We are in Spokane WA we got here on Tuesday night. We had no trouble crossing the with out the correct documents I know the lord was watching over us. I did drive the trailer across which I have never driven the trailer before so I pat my self on the back for driving all the way to Spokane and through the city.
We have had a great time with Great Uncle Al He is Rays Grate Uncle He just turned 89 and is as spry as any 70 year old. He took us the the YMCA to go swimming and the Kids got to climb a rock wall. It was a very cool YMCA.
We were going to be out of here at 9:30 this morning but Mac ran into a problem with his O2 bottles so we stayed so Ray could do the heavy lifting. We are hopeful to get into Utah some time tomorrow or maybe Really late tonight but probably not.
I am Looking forward to the driving part of our adventure to end and the living part to start. although you really don't stop living when you are driving. We are still doing school reading writing and math every day in the car. and we have got to talk about the changer landscape and climate and geography so that has been fun.
Uncle Al is a wonderful mentor he has lived a wonderful life serving in WWII and has an amazing amount of knowledge that the kids and us love to listen to. I hope we can spend more time with him before we go back to Alaska. He has away with the kids that is uncanny I don't know if I can put it into words but we love You Uncle AL Thanks for letting us stay with you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! Almost done... crazy crazy. I'm so envious of your adventure, I can't wait to have another one ourselves!

Loving you tons... Amy

Tammy Smith said...

I'm so glad that you made it across the border. It reminds me of the time I was missing two of the kids birth certificates. They let me go because they couldn't imagine anyone who had five kids picking up two more! LOL